Macon-Vinzelles, Bret Brothers '05

Grape: Chardonnay
Each: £15.00

Look up tasty in the dictionary, this is what you'll find.

On the face of it not a lot going for it- £15 for a Macon called Cuvee Grand Pere. I was spectacled and remained so right up until I plunged my beak into my first glass, actually until it got near enough to pick up on the luscious flavours bursting from my Riedel stem.
Balance. Simple enough concept, with opulence you focus and direction, with flavour you want length and flow, with complexity you want unity. I love it when I a wine pulls me in as many directions as this does but none so strongly that they rise above the total taste of the wine.
The Bret brothers, Jean-Guillaume and Jean Philippe, stopped selling their grapes to the co-op but a few years ago and started making their own wine - I'm ever so glad they did.

Back to the All Singing All Dancing Introductory Box
Back to the List
Back to Chardonnay

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment